Active Citizenship in Education Award is a periodic public recognition and award for Nigerians living in Nigeria who go above and beyond their civic duties to contribute to removing barriers and improving access to quality education for children and young people in Nigeria. The purpose of this initiative is to create awareness about the importance of quality education in national development and encourage all citizens to regularly take actions (online or offline) that contribute to achieving quality education for all, i.e. the UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 in Nigeria.
The winner will receive a recognition certificate and Fifty Thousand Naira (N50,000) cash gift in support of the winner’s education activities.
HOW IT WORKS
- Next call for nominations opens on the 1st of July 2019 and closes on the 31st of August, 2019.
- All nominations received will be screened by in-house team and valid nominations are presented to the judges for selection to the next round as semi-finalists.
- The next round will be an online one-way video interview with the semi-finalists.
- Eight nominees will be selected from the semi-finalists after the interview as finalists and put to public votes. The nominee with the highest public votes becomes the award recipient.
- Unsuccessful nominees can be re-nominated for future awards.
- Any Nigerian living in Nigeria can be nominated for the award.
- Activities of the nominees must be in Nigeria, including beneficiaries.
- There is no age limit.
- Self-nomination is allowed and highly encouraged.
- The number of times a person is nominated does not by any way influence the outcome of the selection process.
The finalists will be selected based on significant contributions to the education sector in Nigeria either through individual efforts or through the nominee’s corporate entity activities which will be deduced from the nomination form received and a further interview with selected nominees.
NOMINATION CLOSES BY 11:59 PM (GMT +1) ON THE 31ST OF AUGUST, 2019.